RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 AM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

So i visited my surfboard maker friend.

showed him my project and between lol's and expected moron remarks he told me all sorts of fiberglassin things they have tried along the way.... even stories of blanks still breathin out air causing bubbles led to experiments freezing blanks to eliminate the scenario man it was intense and now i kinda realised its quite an art to fiberglass properly whatever way you go... pretty much what Karl has said and yeh the acetone i thought that may have been an issue is irelevent and end of day should only thin out the resin not cause any probs.

btw he didn't think much of uv cure resin reckons its a bit brittle but... lol... on my little escape from reality shouldn't be a problem.. lol again

And as expected he showed me his new dragbike head with the oversize valves and high lift cam... started askin me about nitro percentages in my rc cars and wether he should stick with carbys or go full injection, oiling issues on start up etc etc and the new frame arrives in 30days and.... end of day i should have just gone and bought some more sandpaper... LOL 

Anyway imo think the long breaks between my building have a go's has allowed all sorts of moisture dirt insect and animal prints to maybe cause most of my probs.

BTW.... powerpark i have one of those 20turns in a HPI drift car... works good atm but when it wears out i'm goin brushless...

Larry tube thanks for the airtronics info.... and yes Kite is someone who knows much about that stuff

And when i grow up i hope to have a stash of cash to spend on a beach house for me and my like minded friends and a seperate castle for the princess's.... i guess a few acres of tar and dirt out the back for the blown out days would be greedy so just goin the beach house atm.. ... lol