RCU Forums - View Single Post - 25% Cessna L-19/0-1 Bird Dog build
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 25% Cessna L-19/0-1 Bird Dog build

ORIGINAL: rigrandy1959

Thanks Gaines.. hope your builds are going good.. Vailly has 4 12 X 18 sheets for 21.00 . I looked on Widget Works and can get 12 X 18 .020 petg 8 pack for 23.00..think I will go that route..also a question as I think you as the scale master builder. I have a small homemade vac former 18'' X 18''. the side windows '' see below picture'' I was thinking of making a mold of the side windows with a small lip the thickness of the fuse and install them from the inside. the other way is I made some frames and was going to glue flat sheet to the back of the frames and install from the outside, what do you think, ? ....also on the tailwheel I made, the control horn is cheap plastic and has slop, any idea on making a metal one ??.. I have the cockpit kit but was going to wait intill a couple of flights before I spend the time to detail out to cabin.
Randy,

You can do a mold and pulls some of the side windows but I would just use the frame and install the flat plastic with RC56. Works well.

The tailwheel tiller can easily be replaced with a proper sized wheel collar soldered to a short length of brass bar. Drill some holes for the pull-pull cable and you have very stiff arm.