RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM F6F Hellcat Info?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: ESM F6F Hellcat Info?

Hay Bubba John,
I managed to get both the rudder and elevator installed and the tail feathers are ready for paint. I finished the port elevator tonight and I managed to get rid of all the binding, as well as having it line up better. I used thick JB weld to hold in the tube (for the rudder and elevator control pins-I was astonished at how off drilled both these flight controls were) and fill in all around the tube with the glue-for its nice and thick and holds like the dickens. Once hard...its on for the life of the model. It took a while to get set up to glue...and I use the 4~5 hour set JB weld...but a bit of patience here goes a long ways. Robart hinge points need a good prep and set up, prior to gluing in. One wrong glued in pin and your screwed...but I use lots of petroleum jelly to keep the glue off of the hinge area, then begin the process to glue everything together.

I pulled the engine out...and yes...its next to get refitted...as well as the throttle control.

I needed to send a correction to Vicky on the stencils and as soon as she gives me the thumbs up...I'll order my set. I'm going with the U.S.S. Bunker Hill paint scheme for my F6F. Its a bit different and has some color, other then dark navy blue.

No word from Sierra yet on my retracts...

Ok, I'll go with the book numbers for control throws, as well as high and low trim sets.

I have a Solo Three bladed hub...and I bought it years ago for another project, I never built. Its just to big for this bird, but would look awesome on any WWII war bird in the 80"+ wing span. If it was just a bit smaller, it would really make this bird pop out at you. I do have a dome hub for this engine, so I will just have to use my imagination for the rest.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53072.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1880715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49823.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1880716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53537.jpg