RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

ORIGINAL: David Bathe

Bryan, agree. I've had thousands of flights with YS, super. Serviced them regularly, always carried a bag of spare parts and feed them exclusively on CP 30% heli and laveshed them with TLC. That was then. Now I'm only interested in low tech, low cost. Something that'll do the job, good enough for me and my occasional hobby. And I guess I'm not alone. Matt is leading the charge here, fascinating stuff.
Thanks David,

As I've said many times before, the OS GT33 coupled with a hatori #2301 RTC header, ES Composites 40G pipe and rubberisolation mountmakes as fine a combination for top end pattern as anything available today. I fly with guys that run top end electric equipment and YS175 set-ups. I don't see any advantage to the other set-ups.

Is2 stroke gasolineLow Tech? Well, I've played with several of the other engines and always come back to the OS for its mid range torque. Engineers at OS have figured out a nice set of parameters for the 33 that just works great in pattern.

Could it be better? Probably.....Is it LOW COST? I's say that it's extremely low cost overall (lowest of all others by far), and very low fuss, low or nomaintenance, supremely reliable, simple starting, feeding and running, no need to change plugs, etc etc. and certainly no need for rebuilds.....The more I run it, the more impressed I am; not just its power, but its simplicity. It's a sport engine true enough, but has all the attributes of a top shelf comp engine, far superior to the glow 140RX and 160FX, Webras and Mintors and every flavor of YS 4 stroke except for the 170/175 which it equals....