RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

ORIGINAL: invertmast

How come everytime someone's posts are deleted the Thread topic on the following pages says "RE:[DELETED]" can't you guys fix that to!?
Trust me, we wish we could. This is a bug that has plagued RCU since the beginning of the site. There is a bug in the software that if we delete a post and the next person to post uses the "Fast Reply" box it will show as you stated, "RE:[DELETED]". Our programmers from the very beginning tried to see if they could fix that and the amount of code that needed to be changed was HUGE. They continued over the years to try and see if they could come up with an eaiser fix, but unfortuantely they could not. There is a fix that they members can do when this starts happening, but it's hard to get it going. When the thread title has changed to the "RE:[DELETED]" don't use the "Fast Reply" box at the end of the thread. Instead, scroll back up the thread until you see a post that has the correct title in it and hit the "Reply" button. Then the reply that is made will now have the correct title in it.

This is one of the more annoying bugs that I will be glad to see gone once we get the migration to VBulletin completed. This one has been a thorn in my side for many years. You don't know how many times I've had to type out the above explanation as to what's going on with this. If I had a dollar for every time I had to type it then I wouldn't need to be working for a living any more!!!!

Ken