RCU Forums - View Single Post - Very BAD quality Great planes ARF
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Very BAD quality Great planes ARF

More to the point.

Why should a manufacturer market a product that has known defects. It would be better for the customer if they purchased a product that they knew to be of high quality. It's the responsibility of the manufacturer to periodically inspect their product at various assembly points. Why should the customer have to pay for shipping and insurance to return a product to the manufacturer? Didn't the consumer already pay the full price for the product? Why should the consumer have to wait an indeterminate period of time to use the product they paid for in good faith?

Why does at least one manufacturer market a product that has several structural defects that can effect the safe outcome of a flight, only own up to the problem on a case by case basis, and then only privately?

I'm not going to point any specific fingers here, but at least one major manufacturer/retail outlet will not EVER get any more of my dollars for ANY of their products due to practices noted previously involving my purchases.. This is the only action I can reasonably take to prevent further aggravation. If others would do the same, I'm certain that corrective action by the manufacturers would soon follow. If not, then business closure in the not to distant future would become a prime possibility. Other companies with integrity and solid ethics would hopefully pick up the slack.