RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:31 PM
morecashthansense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

Hi Matt,
Work is continuing on the DLE 35 install in the Majestic lots to do in paint and covering still before we can fire it up and see what shakes!

I have obtained a Hatori 936 originally designed for the OS BGX, just wondering about header length and how I can make this rear exhaust port engine work now we have lost the length of the usual wrap around header. Would you say 28 inches from piston to the flat disc is about right?

Reading through this very informative thread I see you have had a great deal of fun with the response of the standard walbro at mid throttle settings and it reminds me of a similar problem I had,
Basically I had a zenoah 23 in a heli with the throttle controlled by a governor, any bump or burble would send the governor mental and it tried to go to full throttle or the gyro couldn't cope and the tail would move violently through 90degs. Being very difficult to set the mixture correctly on a heli anyway this rough running had to be fixed and try as much as I could the needle tweaking wasn't the answer. So I ditched the standard buterfly walbro and retrofitted a barrel type walbro problem solved and a big plus only one needle to set, the throttle response was a lot smoother and almost linear just like a normal glow Carb.
You've got me considering if I will need it on the 35 in the Majestic my other 35 in a MSXR has had a few more flights and has some good power but is certainly not linear and burbles quite a lot.
Food for thought.
I will try and get a link for the Carb.
Regards
Rob.