RCU Forums - View Single Post - Numbers for ST G21/35 DDD head
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:06 AM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Numbers for ST G21/35 DDD head

ORIGINAL: Hobbsy

That, (quoted) guy needed to qualify his answer, the paper HP produced by both may be the same but thye flying power with the proper prop will be about 50% more with the Diesel. The same goes for four strokes, they produce more flying power than people give them credit for. Both Diesel and fourstrokes produce power more efficiently.
I believe, from an impeccable source, that the quote came from Henry Nelson, a man who produced very high quality, very high performance glow and diesels based on the same components for decades.

It is also backed up by evidence from running glow and diesel versions of the latest Fora Pioneer and Parra 15 engines.

These were designed as diesels but run just as happily (all other things such as venturi hole size and props being equal) as glows on 10% nitro.

This equivalence can be demonstrated I believe either on the bench or in the air.

There is a lot of hyped up nonsense out about diesel conversions swinging bigger props and having 30% more power etc but I believe that it can't be really demonstrated.

It's wishful thinking folks!