RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk

Hello all,

I have read all 19 pages, 454 post spanning 5+ years and believe it or not I have a few questions.. Very informative thread to say the least !! I guess I'm trying to get the bottom line about this model. I have procured one of these and I want to take advantage of all the knowledge amassed here. I have no idea what version I have, is there a tell-tail way to identify what I have ?? It does not have wing fences or ventral fins. It has flown prior to me, but I do not know the previous owner to talk to him.It is in great shape. I feel that the fences and fins are important in the stability of the aircraft at slower speeds. true of false ?.. Does Anton offer fences and fins I can buy and put on, or do I have to make them ? I am planning to put 3mm of reflex in the ailerons with an added amount for crow with full flaps, how much more do I need for the crow setting ? I also understand that the C.G. should be 190mm, inverted, gear down, UAT full. Also I understand lateral balance is important as well. I guess I am a little confused about elevator travel.. Lower rate for normal flight and 40mm for landing ? How much expo ? Elevator up mix with flap deployment. What should flap measurements be for t/o,approach and full for landing ? Planning to power w/ J/C Cheetah ( 31lbs ). I would really appreciate any and all input regarding these points and all others if anyone has any thing to share. My overall impression thus far is that this airplane is a great flyer and can be mastered if you have done all the homework, but will bite your arse if you don't have a full understanding of what you are dealing with. One last question, Has there been any airfoil changes to the wings along the way that makes the later versions more friendly or different ? Thanks for taking the time to read my post, looking forward to any all thoughts !!!

Cheers,

Danno