RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

ORIGINAL: frets24

Is it just me or are the HorizonHobby's Saito specs Re; RPM grossly exaggerated?

I have been told that the APC composite props turn faster than the MAS or Zinger wood props, but I can't believe that there is as HUGE of a difference as I am experiencing.

I just finished breaking in a NIB FA-200ti per Hobbsy's method, as I have with all of my Saitos. Now I am only getting peaks of 7900-8100 rpm on a Zinger 16x8 or 7200-7300 on a MAS 17x8. HH specs this engine at 8900 with an APC 17x8. Is this what I should expect?

It has MONSTER compression on both cylinders now compared to before break-in(as expected) and the valves have been properly re-adjusted. Using fresh gallon of 10% nitro with 18% synth/castor blend. Running H9 4c Super Plugs in all four holes. LS has been adjusted and transition is good. Gets a 1900 +/-rpm consistant and dependable idle with no dropped cylinder or flame-outs.

I also popped the rod covers off the bottom to check out the bearings for any corrosion that may have happened since purchasing it a few years back. Looked good, as expected, since I nearly drowned the thing with SeaFoam ARO and put it in a ziplok bag with a dessicant pack before shelving it over the past couple years.

Does this sound right?

Thanks Guys!

BTW...I like castor too[&:]

Club Saito Member #770

edit; grammer and sp

How about a video with audio with the FA-200 Ti running? It must be an awesome sound with the offset cylinders. What is the firing sequence? Is it an alternate firing twin, or a double hit and then 540 degrees of just rotation? Thanks.

Richard/Club Saito #635/FA-100/120/130T/180