RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 AM
BJ64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul

Schweet, Caro - toldya she'd be a winner

I didn't end up doing the extra nipple between cyls 1 & 5 - just the nose-cone one.

No idea yet how well it worked out - will have to pull the nose off eventually to find out. But I'm more than convinced that sucker has a bellyfull of the good stuff. Might even try a fuel hose off the front and blocking the standard nipple under the back of the motor just to see if anything comes out of it - like "flow through" ventilation.

Annnyhoo... I did a couple of post-run checks, and I noticed the when I turn it over by hand now, only 3 cylinders really jolt over... the next two are rather namby-pamby. One of them gives a half-arsed flick, the other barely complains at all. i.e. the compression on these two cylinders seems to be a lot less than the other 3. Haven't been able to identify exactly which 2 cyls it is yet, but it's quite noticeable - and I can repeat it every time by where the prop is.

Wonder if there's some sort of issue?

I plan to run another couple of small tanks of juice through it, then check a few things again - like the valve clearances. I set everything up at 0.1mm (0.004") as a starting point - and that wasn't all that easy to do. e.g. it would be a tight-ish fit... and I'd move the rocker arm along its shaft (pretty sloppy and loose as a dick in a shirtsleeve on some of them), and the clearance changed from tight to loose.

I think another couple of gentle runs might help to bed thngs in before I go around the valve clearances again...

BJ