RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 05-18-2013, 11:24 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Hi Larry

Seeing as I seam to be the old Geeeezer on this thread, I'll try to ansure you.

First if you go to the vary first post you will find an index That can help you find information, but is not up to date, But still vary usefull as I still us it.

1 Depending on your building skills you can build it by the book, and yes the wings come off as one piece.
They can be made to have removeable panals from just out board of the gear box rib T1, mod's to the spar etc.

2 A DLE-55 would fly if but depending on the final weight. Becouse of the short fwd moment you will end up adding a bunch of weight to the nose, possibly as much as 3 lbs.

3 to the best of my knolage the kit has not changed.

4 If you are vary carfull in assembling the ABS furnished cowl it can be used, but will require some beef up to make it last.

5 As for the retracts if you don't all ready have them I would go for the electics. I have not had any problems with the air's.

Now I will add my personal recomendations

Take the time to do the rudder shape mode, the wing tip's and reduce all of the weight aft of the C/G that you can, 1oz in the tail can mean 6 out of the nose. Now depending on your skill's and if you intend to add gear doors etc. plan well ahead of ware you are in your build, I would also do the scale hinge line mod's.

The Brotherhood ? just go back a few posts and you will find a post that tell it all

One last thing there are NO BAD QUESTIONS so if you kave one aks it, you will most likly get at least 2 good replies. and unless you are in a hurry to get it built post pic's as you go as we can mabe learn some thing new

cheers Bob T
AMA13377
Corsair brotherhood #5

See George I can get the # right once and a while