RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushfire Information Request
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 AM
hrrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushfire Information Request

ORIGINAL: doxilia

David,

..........What are your thoughts on the design? Are you hunting for a good design for the new NR black beasts?

David
Good morning David,

I don't have enough experience with any of these classics to offer constructive thoughts on the design. Also, I have not had the opportunity to see very many of these classics in person. At this point, I'm just absorbing all of the great information I can about the classics from the rest of you guys and I'm enjoying reading about your experiences with them over the years. I am also learning a great deal from watching real craftsmen here and other sites change a bunch of balsa, some fiberglass and a little paint into a real masterpiece.

I’ve always liked planes like the EU1-A, Aurora, Atlanta, Blue Angel, Illusion and others ever since I first saw pictures of them here on RCU. I think it’s the graceful lines and the way they flow over the fuselages and the wings and since I’ve never had the opportunity to fly any of them, that’s all I can say.

I almost hate to admit this, but the only classic pattern planes I’ve ever flown is my old Tower Kaos which is now deceased and the Dalotel I had which I thoroughly enjoyed flying while I had it. I guess my Dalotel is what really planted the seed in my head about finding one of the planes mentioned above along the desire to build and fly one even though neither my building skills nor my flying skills are up to the task.

To answer your last question, Yes. I’m actually looking for two classics to put a purple headed monster in since I now have a natural case with a 10mm carb and a black case with the 9mm carb. I guess it’s a good thing that I’m in no real hurry to get one because I still have allot to learn, especially with regards to setting up a plane with a tuned pipe and how planes perform with different props.

Geez, I’m long winded this morning, my fingers are getting tired of typing…………………..LOL

Hey Wduck,

I really like your Brushfire. Let us know how you like flying it..................

Take care,
David