RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to repair this
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to repair this

The mariner is now an ARF right.. i dont think the formally make the kit anymore??

Looking at the pod... you can see how it was put together so I would take that as my lead. Looks like they were two pieces (pod and post) and then joined. I would clean it up so you get a good wood to wood contact.. being sure to keep the thrust line the same, remvoe the covering on both sides of the bottom of the pod and use tri-stock for extra support runing from the front of the post to to the end of the support on the pod, rouding the front off and fairing the rear of the tri-stock. If yoiu have access inside..with the post being up front... you can add add'l tri-stock support there as well on each side as I would think the posat rises up past the bottom of the pod. None of this will add much weight.

For the wing... I would pull the covering back sevral inches such that I could re-iron it back down keeping the same look. The best way to repair a wing regarding joiner damage, in my opinion, is to open it up for good access and do it correctly as oppoed to trying to clean out the area and slipping a new one in with epoxy. You won't be able to get enough epoxy where you need it.