RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: mudfrog

Got the spacers in and adjusted my shocks to 1/4 - 1/2 spring. The shocks seem a lot better. Unfortunately one of the axle cups split in two so I was only able to run for about 2 minutes. I'm getting irritated by this little truck. Now to decide if I want to stock up on the stock ones or invest in some hardened steels.
I wouldn't get irritated by the truck. Parts break, it's part of the hobby. You have to remember, the stresses are far greater in this truck since a 1/10 brushless system was installed. HPI has compensated for this throughout the truck, but you can only make things so durable. I have only split one drive cup as well. If you read the manual, it says to repair any worn drive cups, as they may break randomly. Yours had some wear as well as mine. You could also get CVD's to get rid of the dog bone/drive cup.
imo that's a cop-out attitude when you look at other cars in the same ish scale thinking like that will never get a company to fix a products issues. i replaced my XS with a crt.5 and ive bronken a few things(my fault) but ive had zero drive line problems unlike the XS and there damn near the same size. and lets remember what crt.5 sold for $80 bucks