RCU Forums - View Single Post - Emergency safety alert: FEJ big F-18F Superhornet
Old 05-24-2013, 07:06 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Emergency safety alert: FEJ big F-18F Superhornet

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

David S. I have read many of your earlier threads and you did support fej. I see you as one of the pioneers of this jet community. You was the first rc jet pilot i saw on utube or tv.

My question to all:

How many HC jets are flying now? I would guess on the small side a 100 and the large side 1000 or more. A COMPLETE ASSUMPTION, on your part, you have no data to support either number!

So far 2 jets ''allegedly'' have structural failure. If you call the video of Dubd F-14, video of the J-10 wings flapping like a bird, photos of the damage to Boli's F-18F "allegedly structural failure" you're not being "reasonable". Why out of a 100 jets flying if 2 crash should we ground fej HC jets, it's not reasonable. How many, in your opinion, should it take? Should we wait for someone to get killed, first?
If

If my jet crash and i get on RCU and say it was an issue with the Jet, is that all the evidence needed? If so, the ''jet'' hobby will not survive.

I had the very first HC f-14 and i had flutter with the rudder, very easy fix. Also it was the first jet i ever build. It flew great. Now you can say it was flown like a pattern or easy or whatever but it flew great to me.

I agree we should hold FEJ accountable if there is issues but we need to do the same for all companies. And before anyone says ''we do hold all jet comp'' accountable. Where is the thread, when the person found a razor blade holding a stab together? Not one thread started. Why did no one mention the name of the Jet Co., in the title of the thread or in the entire thread, when the tailpipe collapsed, but FEJ name was mentioned throughout the thread.

If safety is the real reason we need to have an unbiased examination of all jet. As i stated in many threads before. Let start with the weight issues on these jets. Do you guys really think there are only 18 jets over the 55 weight limit flying in the US? I have no evidence to the contrary, but have already expressed my position on this matter in other threads.