RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 91 FS Surpass problems
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 11:00 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: OS 91 FS Surpass problems

No one knows until the circumstances are fully understood.
Engine upside down?
Tank distance from engine?
Tank height from carb?
Bench testing or in airplane?

Appears you bought a junker and repaired it. Is the problem in the repair or in the engine/airplane set up?

Bill
Hi Bill

As you can see in the pictures, the engine is hanging down at a 7-8 o-clock position
The tank is up against the firewall with the rubber bung throught it actualy, so the fule line is very short.
I would say the middle of the tank is right at the carb level.
It has only been run in the plane.

The con-rod is brand new. so maybe it is because of this need to be run in first ?
Can it realy be draging down the rpm`s making it quit ? It seems very smoothe both before operation, and after.

Did you also clean the carb (just a long shot).
Garry, The ASP carb is almst brand new, and the OS carb is from my 4 stroke helicopter which flew fine last time.
The engine acts exactly the sam with both carbs. The OS carb does meeter the idle mixture better though.

in the past i adjusted my low by removing the glow and the engine did not drop in rpm, when ever my low was to rich it would die when i removed the glow..... but i am not glow expert just sharing my past
Karyz:

Yes, that is exactly what I expect also. So I keep on leaning the low end screw, but you come to a point where it is com,pletly closed, and then the engine will not start.