RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 91 FS Surpass problems
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: OS 91 FS Surpass problems

Thanks for all the sugestions guys, I apreciate the feedback.

Im usinga 13x8 bolly prop....the only one my LHS had in stock.
I would have prefered a 15x6 for this sopwith camel.

I am the guy at the field who goes over and adjust`s the other guys engines when they give up on them, and I have never failed in tuning an engine until now.

The low speed needle is very responsive, and I can clearly see/hear, and feel the difference it makes when I lean and richen it on both carbs that I have ttried on this engine.
And it runs absolutly like a "normal" engine as long as the glow is on
I have not tried anything like this before.

But who knows, maybe the piston ring in this old engine needs to be replaced. I seems to have good compression, but maybe its different once running.

All 4 bolt are in the engnie mount.
The mount is from another plane, and I drilled new holes for it to fit the camel.
you can only just see the edge of the washer installed in the picture if you look close

The 2 main bearings are brand new original os bearing i bought.
The 2 cam bearings also rotate fine, and are in good condition.

Im installing a microsense onborad glow driver for now, but I would not call it a permanent fix.
This engine should be able to run properly without glow no matter what.

I will check the intake o-ring again. I can blow into the carb, and it is airtight, but will try to suck negative pressure, and see if it makes a difference.

There is alot of oil in the rocker cover from the overhaul. Ill try remove the exess oil in there, ans see what happens.