RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1-6th Scale V-22 Osprey Prototype Build
Old 05-26-2013, 05:51 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1-6th Scale V-22 Osprey Prototype Build

Hey guys been a while since I did a build thread since most of my builds have been full scale and really large statics not really for posting unless it flies hehe.

Well Ispent a year in phoenix doing some full scale stuff for Jaime at Arizona Models and working with him to get his stuff turned around and one the things doing is i am designing several WWII japanese and prob some italian planes for him since noone seems to do any decent ones.

Well this one is a V-22 Osprey I will be prototyping and making a fiberglass mold for the fuse.

The plans were commissioned to Charles Loud to design so these are from his plans.

I am putting it together in solidworks so that Ican better undertstand how it goes together as there are literally hundreds of parts to it.

So as Igo Iwill do a no holds barred review of the entire thing. Now remember this is just my opinion but with 35 plus years of doing this and doing a lot of mods of plans to reduce weight Iknow what works and how Ican reduce weight and not lose strength.

I have several 1/3 scale WWI designs built by the UK dawn patrol team and most come in the 35 lb range where similar planes ppl building here come abt 10 lbs more thats a big weight savings. the old addage add more wood to make it stronger doesnt work it makes it more regid and less forgiving which makes things break easier plus gives bad flight characteristics. so Iwill probably do some moderate changes as I go but will get into that as Imake them so as not to get ahead of myself.

Joe
The following 2 users liked this post by ProfLooney:
dexgeo (04-13-2022), lotsig (06-13-2022)