RCU Forums - View Single Post - a few questions following the MINARE's maiden flight
Old 05-26-2013, 06:55 PM
rcjunkee
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few questions following the MINARE's maiden flight

I flew the Minare for the first time today.
I was shocked how responsive the controls were given the minimal throws.

Once again I know nothing about classic pattern and am hoping the group can answer a few questions :

1) HOW FAST IS THIS SUPPOSED TO GO - The plane seemed to haul along very fast and I am curious if it is exceeding its intended speed. I have a piped webra 50 turning an apc 10x7 at 15,500 rpm. Please comment on how fast / prop choices for classic 40 sized pattern planes.

2) TO PUMP OR NOT TO PUMP - I put an oval tank into the fuselage because it seemed to fit. Obviously there is a great difference between how it runs with a full vs empty tank especially when climbing vertically. By the end of the tank it went lean on me while climbing even though it was on the rich side taking off. Not ideal. Do people typically pump engines in these planes

3) WOULD LIKE TO MEET / FLY WITH SOME EXPERIENCED VINTAGE PATTERN GUYS - I'm in Sacramento and would be interested in attending any events within driving distance of my city so that I could meet and fly with some experienced guys / get some tips in person. In person is always better.

that's about it....thanks for your time everyone.
Please let me know if you need more info to answer my questions.

Regards

Paul Wells