RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 AM
gabjhup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk

Hi Danno,I certainly recommend the use of wing fences for the Hawk to straighten the airflow over the top of the wing as the angle of attack increases. The 1:5.5 Hawk does not appreciate much angle of attack, if you stick the nose up too much the Hawk will wingtip stall, so keep the speed up. I have over 70 flights on mine now. If you treat it with respect and fly the plane smoothly you will be rewarded with a fantastic flyer. I have the long nose version so my COG may be different to the normal variant. I tend to fly with maximum travel with lots of expo (my personal preference). This for me has saved the plane on a couple of occasions when I have required the extra aileron travel to recover from a wing tip stall. I'm sure Anton can sell you replacement wing fences. you can easily make your own out of thin ply. again for flaps I use the maximum travel and put my flaps on a slider switch with the mid way point being my take off flaps. As the flaps deploy I mix in down elevator and crow on the ailerons. Hope all goes well for you. You can see my Hawk on Youtube. The other video on my site shows a flame out I had and shows a wingtip stall as I pulled back hard on an approach to get the plane on the ground in a hurry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sydteEfy6eoCheersGreg