RCU Forums - View Single Post - If you crash...
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:26 AM
iflyg450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If you crash...

I say no! But I do have a reason. I work in in corporate and general aviation. General aviation is just about dead; it has been taken out of reach of the regular Joe. One of the contributing factors is the liability placed on manufactures of aircraft and parts which has driven the cost way up. A Cessna 172 might of set you back 15,000 in the mid 70's and now the same plane (newer avionics mind you) will cost you close to 200,000. Our sue happy society has to put the blame on someone and sadly it's usually the people who make the plane. When in reality just about every crash is pilot error. So if you want the manufacture to be liable for your RC plane you better be prepared for things to get real expensive. Imagine having to take your RC Jet to a certified model airplane inspector every year for an annual inspection. How about only being allowed to install certified parts on your plane? By now you have looked at my profile and have discovered that I am not a jet guy. But the loss of a 400.00 plane for me is just as bad. I tell new people to the hobby that you will crash, and if you can't handle the total loss of the plane go collect stamps instead.