RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I get a pilots license?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Should I get a pilots license?

< bachelors of science in computer engineering here.
yes .. you do start there, or higher.

If you are coming out of high school and know that you want to be a plumber or you want to be a machinist.. college may not gain you a whole lot $$ wise.. although if you hope to own your OWN plumbing company some courses in finance and business may be beneficial... it all depends on your life goals. I still believe that more education is better than less. You will never sit there and say "dammit i wish I didn't know math"... although the opposite may be true...

most people I know in the trades do well for themselves... but I don't know one that doesn't work his fingers to the bone and put in massive amounts of overtime, including being on call on weekends. I guess I put in my fare share of overtime as well.. but its all typing at this keyboard... and I can do it in front of my TV so it doesn't feel like overtime.

-slug in the engineering dept...

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

ORIGINAL: mattnew

way to encourage a kid not to be educated....

and you'll start after a 4 year degree higher than 67k. Its an invaluable experience

You can get educated without college. What is wrong with a trade school degree?

When is the last time you tried to find a job?
There is no way you are going to START at 67K+ with a BS in science.
Trade school is usually only two years for a degree, and way cheaper per year. You don't have the investment to get the earning potential.
mattnew...If you can get people entry level jobs only having a BS degree for 67K starting pay, you should start a job placement service.
With overtime I make close to 100K/year for less than 50 hr/wk. The slugs with BS degrees in the engineering dept work a lot more hours than I do to make the same. Salary jobs don't pay OT. HA

Greg