RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I get a pilots license?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I get a pilots license?

You only live once is true. You don't get to hit the reset button and start over. At the end of your life you WILL look back and wonder what if. . . . I was given a presidential appointment to West Point. I didn't take it. As a young kid of 16-17 years old, (1968) when the military was not seen as a respectable institution, I threw it in the trash. Along with President Johnson's signature. My dad was a Green Beret - won the Silver Star, 2-3 Bronze Stars, Purple Heart with 3 oak leaves and was twice recommended for the CMH. (Which he turned down). We worked his ass off trying to make things easier for me, laid his life on the line every day and I threw the one thing away that would have made him most proud. You don't get to go back and relive your life. Hell, you don't even get to re-do yesterday. If you want to get a pilot's license as part of your career ambitions, go for it. But do the right thing for the right reason. Do it because it's meaningful, not because you think it would be cool. Maximize your potential, learn all you can learn, apply yourself to your goals and ambitions. Don't walk through life picking and choosing what's cool. Be true to yourself and the life you want to live. The time is approaching very quickly for you when it won't matter what your doing as long as it puts food on your table. Assuming you have a table.

Go Tech