RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hmmmm Blade and Horizon Hobby. Interesting business model.

There products are expensive. It's why they are able to profess such great customer service.

They concept a product. Bring it to fruition without, for the most part handling all QC issues. It's really a joke in the modeling community. You can expect 5 things:

1) A rumored product is coming (It literally takes a year).

2) When product is introduced, take the 130 for instance. It immediatly has a bad tail. Immediatly.

3) Krazy "fan boys" the like of Apple fanboys are not disuaded for a moment. They find another tail (Walkera I think) and cobble together a working tal

4) The same fan boys who don't mod their crap send it back to H/H and extoll the wonderful virtues of their customer service when they finally get something back 6 to eight weeks later b/c H/H only has 14 VERY overworked techs.

4a) Horizon does NOT supply spare parts.

5) Horizon may or may not make a V2 of their negligable product.

I literally have a love/hate with H/H. I got started because of the Blade CX2 and it was really, really a wonderful learning tool.

Simon, rescued me after I bought perhaps the largest piece of crap, the Blade SR. However after spending 500 bux on the unit and spares I DID learn CP!

Simon says "For 200 bux all up we can get a Trex clone"! I said "I'm in"! and the rest was history!

Horizon Hobby is the Harley Davidson of radio control.

They literally owe their existance on fanboys who somehow accept that buying crap on a shingle, or at least rolling the dice each time you buy a product is "OK">

Shame on me for supporting them!

b

PS "Brian's Blather" is funny! However we want folks to JOIN us, not run away!!!