RCU Forums - View Single Post - New AT6 TEXAN from SEAGULL ?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New AT6 TEXAN from SEAGULL ?

Hey Arlyn,
Good to see your moniker on the thread too. First thing I did when Isaw you were on here was find all of your posts to see the mods you made to your Texan and was very happy to see you're using the same engine I plan to use. I'll learn from your experience ....again. Ihad a hunch that the extra weight of the gas engine would require shifting things around and Isee that my hunch was right. I've seen an old Utube video of this bird flying with a G23 and it flew very well so I'm not concerned about having enough power.
Thanks to your help, my gas engines are running well. Ihave 5 of them now. The DLE 55 on a 30% Edge 540T (for IMAC), a G38 on a GP Chipmunk 120 with a smoke system, a 15cc RCG on an H9 Camel, a 52cc on my new Ultimate 160, and the G20 will go on the Texan. I only have two nitro engines and they are both 4 strokes ...a Saito .91GK on my WM Intruder (for SPA) and a Saito FA80 on my H9 Fokker DVII. Ooops, I almost forgot my third 4 stroke ... an FA80 GK that's sitting in the box waiting for some carb tinkering and an airframe.
I'm really not following you around on purpose but, Ican sure use your advice and counsel on getting this bird going.
I'd like to use the Hobby King 60 - 120 all metal retracts. They're half the price of the Horizon set and appear to be just as good (?). I'll need to do more research on them before Ibuy.
I had a very nice flying previously owned Reactor Bipe from GP that had the G20 on it but, I totaled it in a LOS crash. It was a sweet flyer and would do everything Icould ask of it and more. I was real sad to see it go. I was able to salvage all but, two servos and the engine is fine. It didn't even break the Xoar prop Ihad on it but, it scattered the fuselage and wings over a 20 ft. stretch.
I sold all of my Spektrum gear after that and bought HItec. I sure like the A9 ...lots of great features and very flexible.

Garry