RCU Forums - View Single Post - Starting out in RC again
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 AM
mmabc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting out in RC again

Thanks guys. Very good advice. I'm definitely going to try and recover both the .40 and .60 engines if I can. Anything I can do to keep my startup costs down is a good thing.

My old radios and receivers are no good because of the frequency changes. Too bad too because I paid over $500 for mine when they came out with PCM. Good thing the prices have come down. What about the servos? Any chance these old servos would work with a new receiver? Even if yes, would that be a good idea?

I was also worried about the Tx modes.I learned on mode 4, and our club had a little cottage industry of re-wiring radios to get it that way. I was afraid I'd either have to tackle that or re-learn on mode 2, which I really didn't want to do that. I had a radio for my trainer that was mode 2. I hated it that way.I could keep it in the air, but not much more.

I see all the radios now let you select that, but I see, for example, the 8FG radio says it comes mode 2. Any other impact in functionality from changing it to mode 4?