RCU Forums - View Single Post - New AT6 TEXAN from SEAGULL ?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 AM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New AT6 TEXAN from SEAGULL ?

Arlyn,
Looks like you've been busy over the winter too. We've been gettting the same winds you have and flying has been either brave or sparse. Today looks to be very nice but, I'm stuck waiting on the AC repairman who may or may not make it today and if not today tomorrow.

Your gider contest sounds like great inexpensive fun. My Son and Ibegan our RC experience with gliders/sailplanes back in the late 80's. We bought the "stick" kits (no ARFs then) and built them up and covered them. They were all 2 control (ruder and elevator) and we launched using a hi-start. That was lots of fun and there were many times we brought them down only because our necks were getting stiff from looking up. We had a very loooooong break from RC until Igot re-interested about 4 yrs ago. My wife says I've gone RC nuts ...and sometimes Ithing she's right.
My RC acquisitions will slow down considerably now that Ihave a car payment again. I'll be fortunate if I can keep my fleet flyable. Ihad a no-injury accident that totaled my 10 yr old truck, sad to say. I was very happy with my old truck ...it was about 200 miles short of 100k and running like a top. I've got another, newer, one now and it's nice but, not the same. After 10 yrs I was "attached"to my old truck.

It will take me a while to gather the equipment Ineed for the Texan but, I hope to have it flying before the summers out.

PS - finished the repair on the Chipmunk wings last night and now need to inspect the plane to find out why the engine dropped to idle about half-way through the last flight and cause the dead-stick. Isuspect a bad or loose throttle servo.

PSS - The throttle rod came loose from the servo arm. I"fixed it" this time.