RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a Small Car / Truck
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a Small Car / Truck

the tremor isnt bad. depending on how big of an indoor area you have it could be driven indoors.
But of all the scales, 1/24 is the only one I would have to drive indoors. I honestly dont care for anything smaller than 1/10....but if I had to pick one to drive indoors it would be a 1/24.

For a crawler, Id like to try the losi trekker. its got a cool semi-scaler look to it. kinda pricey compared to the redcat sumo, but a different sort of crawler as well. Better electronics to. That said, ive seen some pretty cool modded sumo crawlers on youtube.

There is also the redcat sumo 1/24 buggy/truggy. They are just a touch bigger than the losi 1/24 and cause they have larger tires (not scale looking) they are better for jumping as they dont flip over as easy.
I had an earlier version that was great except for the limited radio range (very poor)
But the newer versons have a 2.4ghz setup, so I doubt they will suffer from the same issue mine did. There is a few decent upgrades availilble. They are not as fast out of the box as the losi...but a fair bit cheaper, as low as $58 on ebay. And they are really plenty fast for indoors.

The losi will have ball bearings, a larger motor (180 instead of 130) a 3 wire servo and not a 4 wire. If you want something you can go crazy upgrading, then the losi is a better platform. If you want something that will zip around the living room and hit jumps or drive outside in your driveway, then the redcat sumo will do the job without hurting the wallet.