RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Accepts Rules Change Proposal in Time for the NATS
Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: AMA Accepts Rules Change Proposal in Time for the NATS

ORIGINAL: grantb

Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons ..............

Can someone explain to me why trim mixes do not fall under the concept of "preprogramming" ???

It would seem to me that mixing the ailerons and elevators (for example) to move when the rudder is moved could be considered to be "Preprogramming devices to automatically perform a series of commands". These are generally not straight line mixes so it could even be construed that they execute a 'series' of commands.

Have fun
Mixes are placed under #2 and #3 in items allowed. Mixes must be inhibited or activated manually by the contestant and, although mixes aren't usually on a switch, can be. Even though you are mixing control surfaces together, the process is initiated by the contestant and is not automated. You must push a stick in order to begin the sequence of mixes and therefore, are not considered automated.

I'm certainly not the "official" word on how the AMA makes their decisions but this is how I think most look at the rule.

Keith, as far as motor RPM....I'm going with knowing motor RPM could be considered a competitive advantange if one knew what RPM to be at to produce constant speed. Yes, I realize that no one has time to stare at a screen to utilize it but it could be taken as far as audible tones and such as well.