RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slash Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Zonked
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Slash Upgrades

ORIGINAL: BrokenSpoke

Thanks for the setup guide. I took a quick look and it seems well thought out and easy to follow. I had no idea there were that many adjustments possible on this truck.

I have a question about the STRC LCG chassis kit mentioned by phmaximus. According to their site, using the Rustler chassis it will lower the battery by two inches. If that's attainable, it would seem to put the battery almost on the ground as I don't think I have 2 inches of ground clearance. For a 'short course' truck this has me a little confused as it would seem to allow the truck to bottom out on almost any jump / bump.
It lowers the center of gravity on the truck. If you notice the electronics all set very high in the slash and what the STRC conversion does is lower the center of the truck.

I have the Anza conversion (pictured below) which will give you an idea of how the truck is closer to the ground.

Just wanted to add that all these conversions are not neccesary upfront. The stock truck gives you everything you need starting out as no amount of hop-ups will replace track time.

Losi XXX springs fit the traxxas shocks perfect and is a worth while investment. The traxxas springs are too soft.
Fronts
A-5128 2" Spring 2.5 Rate (Red)
A-5129 2" Spring 2.9 Rate (Orange)
A-5130 2" Spring 3.2 Rate (Silver)
A-5132 2" Spring 3.5 Rate (Green)
A-5134 2" Spring 3.8 Rate (Blue)
A-5135 2" Spring 4.1 Rate (Black)

Rears
A-5150 2.5" Spring 2.3 Rate (Pink)
A-5152 2.5" Spring 2.6 Rate (Red)
A-5154 2.5" Spring 2.9 Rate (Orange)
A-5156 2.5" Spring 3.4 Rate (Silver)
A-5158 2.5" Spring 3.7 Rate (Green)
A-5160 2.5" Spring 4.1 Rate (Blue)

I would start out with blue front and green rear.