RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slash Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:13 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Slash Upgrades

ORIGINAL: BrokenSpoke

Well it looks like I stand corrected. Based on the pictures you posted, there is enough clearance. For starters though, I think I will follow the suggestion in your setup post, order the springs, shock oil, and order two LiPo's for his truck as I do remember reading in the manual that there is a low voltage setting for the ESC. Then, like anything else, lots and lots of track time.
Personally wouldent recomend springs and shocks yet... They are getting more into advanced adjustments.
If he is pulling very consistant lap times then it's worth it. If he is not and still learning, how would u know what spring to use. Same with oils. He really needs to practice and get consistant. Once he is at that point that's when it's worth messing with the shocks and even suspension setup. Otherwise u will never notice the effects of the adjustments.

Playing with those setting can hurt preformance, that's why I think the 3 mods I suggested will make and skill level driver pull faster laps.

Things that effect the cars setup,
electronic gear
Weight
Driver style
Track surface
Track layout

As u can see there are so many factors that it's safe to say there is no magic setup that will work for everyone. Everyone's setup is slightly different. Most of these settings are more for driving on the edge of the cars handling limit. So are best to be left untill u are at a point where u are consistant and looking to get faster.

Ur best bet would be follow a stock slash setup for now, and JST really make sure everything is even and moving freely

I second the Losi springs.... I'm running losi XXX springs and shocks...