RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slash Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:11 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Slash Upgrades

Ahh cool, good to hear he is getting there.
I don't think there will be a day and night difference using Steve Slaydens setup that Zonked posted. In fact I'm very doubtfull there will be a noticeable difference, and that setup could make the slash handle worse on a bumpy track too.... U should do the mods and not tell ur son, if he noticed that it handles better, money well spent. But if he does not notice... We'll u get the idea.

The chances are that Steve and ur son have completely different driving styles, and I bet the tracks are totally different.

A Slash with a well setup suspension still will have no real chance at racing 99% of the other SCT out there. If u want him to have a chance against say a losi or Team Assioated a LCG chassis is the first starting point. Then suspension setups.. Seriously

Personally I would use that cash to yes buy some different oils to experiment with and even some o ring lube, but most importantly a suspension hole reamer and some decent suspension pins.

The stock lower arm pins are fixed to the rear arms and don't rotate off the arms they only rotate in the gearbox, they have a tendency of backing out.
STRC has a pin kit that uses a nut of the end of the pin. This allows the suspension to rotate on the arms, gearbox and allows the pin itself to rotate. And if u ream the suspension holes on all the arms, front bulkhead and gearbox u will have silky smoothe suspension... Excluding shocks