RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slash Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 AM
BrokenSpoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slash Upgrades

Zonked - Thanks for the reply and you understood my original post. In addition to trying to make my sons truck better, I am also trying to teach him about saving his money, the value of work, the reason you practice something, etc. Just the basic life lessons that an 11 year old needs to learn. Yes, I could go out and spend money on LCG kits, rims, tires, different shocks, brushless motors, etc., but me spending my money is not the point. With the exception of replacement batteries or any high cost item that breaks, we are working with my son's allowance as a budget which means for the most part working with what he currently has and making improvements that he can afford. The LCG chassis I'm sure would make a huge improvement but it would also take 3 months of his allowance to save up for it.

We spent about $12 for the shock oil and springs and will use the setup post as a starting point. Will it be ideal, probably not. Will it be better than what his current truck set up is, probably since no changes have been made to the truck at all sine he took it out of the box.

At the end of the day it's all about fun and while the Slash is not the best SCT out there it has more than withstood the learning curve and related mishaps that an 11 year old has put it through.