RCU Forums - View Single Post - JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Aussie1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread, but have just scored myself a crashed Viper which I have almost finished rebuilding. I have also just completed reading this thread from the start, and it took two stubbies and three coffees!! This jet crashed on takeoff by tip stalling on rotation, due to a nose down takeoff stance and I guess a nose heavy aircraft due to the majority of the fuel being in front of the CG. The aircraft snapped and hit the ground hard. The owner was going to bin it but I made a offer, which he accepted. I will be using my K80F and all digital high quality HiTec servos and my new JR 11x radio. Regarding the person having flame out problems, I had a flameout on my K80F, and it was due to the EGT probe pulling out slightly from the exhaust nozzle. Someone wanted to fit a pilot, so I raided the kid's old toy box and found a GI Joe fits perfectly with his legs cut off below his knees, (sorry!). You also have to cut out the bottom of the pilots seat, so he sits low enough. He actually snaps in without any restraint. I plan on making a joystick and a seat harness, and when I take some pics, I will post them on here. Here is some pics from a real Viper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72963.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1889436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15094.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	1889437