RCU Forums - View Single Post - Joe Nall Incident
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Rotten40851
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Joe Nall Incident

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

I am sorry Joe but I wonder if this thread would even be here if it were not for your friends obvious shot at the deep pockets and Futaba?

I have been involved with a fair number of midairs in a long history of active pylon racing and the bottom line is always lick your wounds and grumble a bit perhaps dust off the back up and keep racing. Those airplane were not cheap either.

I am always careful who I fly with at home and at events all it takes is a little observation. If I am uncomfortable with anyone in the air I simply land and wait. This make no difference whether I am flying a cheap arf or my turbine.

So sorry for your buds loss of course but I feel neither pilot incurred any more liability than the other.

John
I have to concur with Mr. Buckner. If I am flying while another pilot is flying too close or wreckless I will make every effort to avoid him and I will land my aircraft. Ifyour friendis waiting for Futaba to reimburse him, tell him not to hold his breath. The spotters should be SPOTTING!! maybe an aileron servo gave out, who knows? Anything could happen in this inherantly dangerous hobby of ours. Yes, It is unfortunate to lose two beautiful scale warbirds after putting so much time and effortintobuilding and finishing them,Thats whyyou don't feelas bad when you crash an ARF and a big reason lots of guys don't build anymore. Some up elevator or downelevator would have put him in the clear pretty fast. Chalk it up to experiance and move along. Sorry for the loss but thats the hobby. Rotten out