RCU Forums - View Single Post - Joe Nall Incident
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Speedracer2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joe Nall Incident

I was at Joe Nall this year also. I was flying a 10 foot wingspan B-17 when a P-51 and a P-47 decided to fly "cover" for me. It was a bit freaky at first but they both seemed like pretty good pilots so I settled down a bit. I'm sure I wouldn't of been too pleased if one of them had hit me.

Large events are a "fly at your own risk" situation. I still land if an idiot decides to do stupid stuff. All crashes are a " no fault". That's just the way it has to be.

The only time I really got irritated was when the Horizon Hobby guys were flying a couple of small (way less than required), light weight, slow moving planes in small patterns and cutting in front of everyone passing in at normal and high speeds. Same kind of thing that took out that jet one year with a kids foamy.

This is very similar to other people flying another persons plane. The rule is, "Who decided who was going to be flying the plane". If they ask you to fly their plane its their fault if it crashes. If you ask to fly their plane it is your fault and owe them a plane.

Cheers!

Speed