RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX-7 Dual Aileron Programming
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:26 PM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-7 Dual Aileron Programming

I know it's something simple that I'm overlooking, I just can't figure it out. New airplane, dual aileron servos. DX-7 radio. Everything is hooked up exactly as the manual states. Right aileron goes to AIL port, left aileron goes to AUX port on receiver. Flaperons enabled. Like I said, I went by the book.

Problem is that the ailerons are reversed and nothing I do will change it. When Ii want the right aileron to go up, it's going down. I went into the servo reversing menu and tried every combination of reversing that I could come up with, and none of it made any difference. Same problem, ailerons reversed.

So I found the Spektrum manual on line and found the section pertaining to dual aileron/elevator servos. Lots of information, including step by step directions of how to program for this. Some stuff didn't make sense, but I followed their directions exactly, guess what, it got worse. The ailerons were now hooked together-both up, both down. Very frustrating. What's even more frustrating, is that this is not the first airplane I have on this radio with dual aileron servos. I've programmed dual ailerons before and it's worked, it just won't work this time.

Could there be an inherent problem with this particular model selection on my radio? Should I abandon this model selection completely and go to another one and try it all over again? I read about a "model reset" that you can do, but for the life of me, I can't find in the manual how to do this.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?