RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Tom, the method I use is very simple.

You need some lead hail, a disposable coffe-cup, epoxy (moulding epoxy is best because of it`s voscosity).
Some tape, a book which has a thickness slightly bigger than the shaft/pivot, and a scale to measure the accurate weight.
A heavy but hard item like my vase here or something similar.

Arrange the elevator as on picture (this is a balanced one) and it will drop the TE straight down.
Now just pour lead into the cup so it balances horisontal.
The arrangement has a close to none resistance as the pivot has glass and the edge of the table to rotate against.

Measure the weight (can be dropped if you repeat it on the other one) and mix the lead hail with epoxy.
You can also warm the epoxy with a hair dryer to get the viscosity as thin as possible, but if you use ordinary 1 hour glue here,
time suddenly appears as a critical factor, as the cure speeds up rapidly when heated!
Do not use more epoxy than nessacery, meaning the mass is ment to be at least sticky. I use abit more than that because it eases the further process.

Pour the mix into the 8 mm - 1/3" hole you made 4" from LE on the root chord, and hold the elevator upright, nose down.
When finished, be sure all the hails are well stuck in the extreme front part of the elevator.
This can be done by swinging the elevator in loops with you hand to create more G.
Put it away for curing, nose down.

Done!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12453.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1890193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79800.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1890194