RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2015 AMA Sequences
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2015 AMA Sequences

Forget rolling circles for any class not just Masters. Rollers gobble up so muchreal estatethat they need their own maneuver-specific rules to be governed properly. They require built-in contradictions.......I could care less about the fact that IMAC does these.......

I much prefer and am in favor of rolling loops and rolling segments within loops and corner maneuvers. Bring the rolling element into the vertical plane. But there's no denying the fact that they areless complicated to do rightthan rollers....you only havethe leftto right and right to left to worry about and roll direction matters less. BUT they are supposed to be right in front of you. If you can see it better you are likely to guess less both as a judge or pilot.

A dumbed down Masters class (Expert if you will) might have some appeal. I do wonder about the ego factor and whether many current dyed in the wool Masters would go down to Expert. I am concerned about the fact that Advanced is not being used enough already judging from contest participation. This seems to be a country wide issue and not regional

The positives of an extra class like Expert were covered by Scott, so no sense going through those again