RCU Forums - View Single Post - Joe Nall Incident
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joe Nall Incident

I have read this thread and a lot of opinions and views have been expressed; but this midair like so many others that have been aired out on RCU and the Internet have always left me with the impression that the Spotters are not doing their jobs correctly; I go to a lot events, mostly as a spectator, and I have seen time and time again that the spotters busy themselves with watching their Buddies Planes that they are spotting for and ignore all the other traffic, I recall one incident where a guy was flying an A-10, the spotter was enjoying watching the A-10 as well that he didn't see an aircraft coming in on a landing right for the A-10 Pilot that he was spotting for, at the very last moment to avoid his Pilot being hit by the Plane, he yanked/pulled the Pilot out of danger and the Pilot dropped the radio and the A-10 crashed; had the spotter been doing his job he would of seen that this landing aircraft was coming towards them and could have guided the Pilot back and out of danger without losing control of his aircraft; it seems that in this midair, the spotter for the Aircraft doing the aileron roll could have advised the pilot of the proximity of the other aircraft, my 2 cents worth, more like 5 cents worth!