RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2015 AMA Sequences
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:51 AM
SanJoseDale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2015 AMA Sequences

The initial resultsof surveyindicate a majority of the folks currently in Intermediate, would like to change more frequently than every 4 years, when given the choice of 2,3 or 4 years.

Dale

ORIGINAL: Verne

It seems to me that's backwards thinking.

"Masters is the biggest class - let's "fix it" ".

If anything, it's the class that's working best and should be left alone. If you want integrated rolling maneuvers, fly FAI. The P sequence is basically a Masters schedule with integrated rolling maneuvers added in.

If local contestants shy away from FAI because they don't want the added complexity of the F schedule, then don't fly F.

"Fix" Masters and you might very well break everything because it's all interconnected in the building block approach that exists from Sportsman on up.

While I'm on the subject, Sportsman and Intermediate are fine as is and should be left alone. I was just at a contest in Columbus, Ohio where there were more Intermediate contestants than Master as well as a good Sportsman turnout, and this was at a first time contest which usually don't get big turnouts. What this tells me is that Sportsman and Intermediate are working as designed and drawing in new people. Somehow or other, the AMA Competition Regulations mandate a schedule change for Sportsman and Intermediate every four years. Not sure when or how that got in there, but it's easy enough to correct in the next rules cycle.

Verne Koester

ORIGINAL: patternflyer1

To me, a roller can be in any maneuver. Any segment of a line or radius. I didn't mean a rolling circle.

Adding another class is a band aid. There are temporary advantages, sure. You might as well get rid of advanced if we add expert. It's almost extinct now let's not forget. Fix why masters is huge and advanced may be larger, and so may fai, while masters may shrink.

Just my 1/2 cent..

Chris