RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is happening to this forum?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 PM
byrne1157

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is happening to this forum?

Nice planes, Jaybird!!! I built planes when I was a lot younger, FF models. I have used ARF models to get my flying bug on, now I find them lacking in what I am looking for in a plane. I bought an Avistar elite RTF from a friend that brought it to the the field new, flew it twice and said it was too slow for for him. Now that I have 8 flights on it, I am noticing several glue joints that have seperated, or had no glue in the first place. Working on it as I type this. I also bought an Escapade, ordered it from Tower, and I am going to go through it with a fine toothed comb, and some epoxy and ca to make sure it won't come apart on me in the air.I bought a Swift from Maxford, it came with sub-standard landing gear mounts, working on a re-design to strenghthen tose. I have a lot of electric faomies, electric wood, glow wood, and think I'm gonna move into kit or plan building. That way I won't have to worry if there is good wood, or cardboard in the plane.I know airplanes can be built better, I enjoy the entire hobby, I use a Turnigy 9x radio, have flashed the firmware, making it one of the most powerful radios I have seen. Range checks to 2-1/2 miles. Someday, if I ever get a lot of money and don't care how I spend it, I might just get a $3,000.00 airplane and fly it with this radio. Then I don't have to listen to comments about the quality of the radio I chose to purchase. There is a lot to this hobby, and I would like to experience it all. 

Fly well, Land Softly...