RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroshell 500 Prohibited
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Aeroshell 500 Prohibited

Tony,

If you operated our engines, you will see that the actual run temp, is on the cooler side of the temp range. To say it’s the heat of our turbine that is causing Aeroshell to build up? Why do the other oil brands perform better in the same Turbine, bearings and chambers? I think the other oils might burn/vaporize better than others. Once the fuel/oil passes through the bearings, it’s done its job and does not need to stick around and build up carbon.

My observations pertaining to other oils are as follows;

1. Aeroshell 500, leaves a heavy carbon buildup in & on the bearings, inside & outside the combustion chamber, on the shaft tunnel, in the NGV and the inside of the housing.

2. Mobile jet II, leaves a very dark black tarnishing with some light - medium coking buildup in the bearings, chamber & NGV.

3. DTE, light leaves a Tan to medium brownish tarnishing with some coking build up in the bearings & chamber.

4. KingTech oil leaves a very light to none existent tarnishing and almost no coking in the chamber.

I don't have enough data to speak of other oil products, as these are the most commonly reported and used.

As for DTE leaving flats on the balls, I have not personally witnessed that.

Thanks for the input and participation,

Dirk Flejter

KingTech Service