View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM
falcon_56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.S. Engines now made in China

ORIGINAL: Rotten40851

ORIGINAL: falcon_56

ORIGINAL: Rotten40851

the box on the AX 65 I just bought, that runs like crap. I posted about it the clubhouse forum
Has OS offered to send you a prepaid shipping label to return the engine and look at the problem?

They did not offer a prepaid shipping label but, , they said to send it in and that if it is indeed a problem covered under warranty, they will fix it at no cost. but if it not a minumum charge of 20 dollarsplus partsif it takes under 1 hour to fix, if it takes more than 1 hour ,it's40 dollars an hour. I will not send it in because the engine runs fine on thebench, and on the plane in every position. I am very proficient in running in and tuning glow engines. I know abouttank position and vibration. This engine sucks and I refuse to have any more headaches, wich is the reasoon I have used O.S. Engines almost exclusively for over 30 years!! I lost a brand new Matt Chapman Eagle 580 due to the 6th deadstick of this engine.Ihave reccomended O.S. toeverybodyI have ever taught to fly or anyone who has ever asked for advice, I can no longer do so with a clear head. They have lost a valued and loyal customer.
I see. Sorry to hear about your plane. Ithink you are right. If you are most likely to end up paying $$$ to get warranty service, might as well invest that money on something else.