RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.S. Engines now made in China
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 AM
wallace.tharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.S. Engines now made in China

ORIGINAL: Rotten40851

My first O.S. Engine was a Max S 35 control line in the late seventies and it ran flawlessly. I have been using O.S. almost exclusively ever since, with the exception of a few Saito's and D.A. gas engines. This is upsetting to me because I have now seen first hand of how outsourceing a quality product can affect performance. It is a shame, as I stated earlier '' I will never buy an O.S. engine again if it was made in China'' Luckily I do have a stock of Quality O.S. engines to last me for a while, But I will never reccomend them to anyone ever again after seeing the way this Chinese engine performs, you could just as well buy a Magnum or ASP for half the price that will most likely run better!! I am Johnny Rotten
We must have bought the same first engine. Mine was in the Base Exchange in Korat Thailand in 1969. Three of us decided we wanted to build a control line kit and go at it. I too was hooked on the quality of the O. S. 35. In defense of some Chinese stuff, I bought a power supply, form H. K. and it was & is so far, the same experience as the first O. S. engine. Th price was half of any other good one I could find. Price is a factor for most of us. wallace.tharp