RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fabric covering questions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fabric covering questions

ORIGINAL: sensei

I am a little disappointed Zor, I went to your build threads only to find that they were not your build threads at all, they are threads that somebody else started and you attached yourself too and posted only a few pictures and tidbits of inconclusive information. I was looking for some highly specialized start to finish building and flying work you have done that you could share with us. I do hope that your PA30 twin Camanche thread is more in line with the kind of leadership we need from a master craftsman such as yourself.

Again, thanks in advance for your much needed impute on our building efforts.

Bob
Hello Bob (sensei),

For your information _ _ _

The thread dealing with the Skybolt was initiated by "biplane mufphy" and I was looking for anyone else building or having built a Skybolt. I found his thread and communicated with him. Please read post #128 and see post #131 in whicn biplanemurphy himself posted the first pictures of my Skybolt and that started the continuation. So I myself started posting in post #156.

A similar situation occured about the Spectra. I was looking for anyone building a Spectra. The thread was initiated by "rickhensley". Please read post #7 and #9. I then started posting with #13.

I was invited to post in both cases and certainly did not hijack any threads.
I have dozens of pictures of the build of the Skybolt and the Spectra. including fabric and dope covering and finishing. Let me know any particular aspect you are interested in and I will gladly assist you.

Note that I post what I do or did. I do not order people around and I try my best to backup and illustrate my work with pictures. Please note also that I do not have pictures of my work before I acquired a digital camera.

I suggest that you may ask who posted that I would not respond for his history of his modeling work so you may find the real expertise. Personally I do not consider myself an expert nor a scale details adept. I like to glue for strong joints, modify for strength and cover and finish for added resistance to damages when landing improperly.

I will gladly post how I do or did things if you have any particular aspect you may wish to ask about.

Best regards from Zor