RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Are People Mad
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:29 AM
wickedpissa
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Are People Mad

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

Why do people get mad here? Well, a number of things, but primarily, RCU is populated by a more "purist" and "old school' type of hobbyist thanon most other sites. Case in point, take a look at the "Warbirds" section here on RCU. How many threads on foamies do you see? Practically none. So, when a newbie comes in asking questions on a foam RTF or ARF, the OP is usually discounted as insignificant or scoffed at or usually something short of riduculed. Admittedly though, some of the "old guard" is softening their stand on foam ARF and RTF kits. That being said, I enjoy RCU BECAUSE of the type of folks that gather here. I don't build, and ALL of my planes (15) are foamy ARFs, but I do like to hear about other people's builds and enjoy the photos. I guess my point is, that other sites like RC Groups embrace ALL types of hobbyists and their planes, as it should be.
That is because RCU has WAY to many forums.

When you have question it might fall in 2,3 or more catagorys so you really don't know where to post and god forbid if you double post or post in the wrong forum.