View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A new low from Hobby King

ORIGINAL: byrne1157

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Struck me as funny but I don't see myself as ever needing to do that to anyone these days. I wouldn't use one of those anymore then installing some stupid looking doll or cartoon character in one of my planes. I work too hard building them to cheapen one.
Agree totally here. I would rather leave the cockpit empty than have some stuffed animal or silly doll in there. In fact I have as there was nothing suitable for what I needed.

Thankfully companies like Best Pilots and Aces of Iron have really given us some great products.

I personally will not buy anything from HK. Kind of funny, I know some club members that look to them for everything. Even had someone brag to me about some super cheap TX they bought from them! Seriously? No way, never.
Just wanted to let you know that I did buy one of those "cheap" tx's from hk, and have never had a problem with it, range checks 2 miles. I bet some people wish the other "high dollar" manufacturers would get their prices in line...
I think the argument not to buy from hobbyking due quality is getting old these days.. There are thousands of people out there having great time in this Hobby thanks to Hobbyking.

I have a $69 Hobbyking helicopter with over 1500 flights, never had an issue.. I prefer it to my $800 Gaui..

One thing I know for sure.. ten times the price does not equal ten times better quality.. the quality difference in the two helis is about 10%. and that 10% doesn't affect the flyability or reliability in ANY way..

Over 135 seperate orders from Hobbyking and everything arrived perfectly and works great..

If people want to spend ten times more money to get essentially the same enjoyment from this hobby I won't stop them...