RCU Forums - View Single Post - A new low from Hobby King
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A new low from Hobby King

ORIGINAL: koastrc

After going over this thread I was amused by the dude that suggest the OP had a sheltered life and had momma hold his hand through life. I feel offended and momma dressed me funny for 25 years or so. Pants, shirt, boots, basket weave belt, with a basket weave belt on the first, and decorations all over my shirt. Oh yea on the outer basket weave belt there was pouches and a large pouch to hold a large piece of metal. The first piece of metal was a model 19, later a model 66, then a 1911 stainless, and last was a strange looking 40.
Of all the things I enjoy about RCU. Comments from the dude saying a person held their mothers hand in a way that is offensive is offensive. None of us are real crazy about Hobby King. However business is business. They think this will help their business in some sort of way. Well it killed any business I will ever do with them. I find it offensive and I would not care for my mother to see one of my planes with the figure in it. Even if she dressed me funny for over twenty-five years,
Have a nice Day.
Fair comment and you are entitled to your opinion. But wrong on one point.. I know at least 3 people here who LOVE Hobbyking and will be eternally grateful to them...

I would never have started with 450 size helis if I had to pay $500 + for a Brand name heli kit, then risk crashing it while learning..

Thanks to Hobbyking I now have 12 perfectly reliable helis that all fly regularly and have been absolutely flawless from their first flight. Some of them are approaching 3 years and well over 1000 flights..

Average kit price around $60

Thanks to these inexpensive kits I progressed to the point where I was happy to invest in more expensive helis (2 x 550 size Gauis).. so the argument that HK kills business for the brand names is simply not true.. Without HK I would never have bought the Gauis.

Don't buy from HK if you don't like them.. I will because I think they are great.